Notice to Contractors - SAP 42-610-038. Bidding on August 31, 2016

NOTICE TO CONTRACTORS Sealed Proposals will be received until 11:00 a.m. on August 31, 2016 at the Lyon County Government Center in Marshall, MN by E.J. Moberg, Lyon County Auditor/Treasurer on behalf of the Board of Commissioners for the following Project.  Bid opening will take place in the training room of the Law Enforcement Center, 607 West Main, Marshall, MN
SAP 042-610-038
Bridge Replacement and Approach Grading
Comprising Approximately:
Aggregate Base (CV) Class 5                   2914.0 Ton
Full Depth Reclamation                   2292.0 S.Y.
Structural Concrete (3B52)                       92.0 C.Y.
Reinforcement Bars (Epoxy Coated)                   72860.0 Lbs.
Bridge Slab Concrete (3YHPC-M)               4602.0 S.F.
Random Riprap Class III                             385.0 C.Y.
Turf Establishment                                     1.0 L.S. Specifications may be examined at the office of the Public Works Director, 504 Fairgrounds Road, Marshall, MN.  Plans and Specifications may be downloaded from the Lyon County website, www.lyonco.org, (see further details on website) or by calling the Lyon County Highway Department at 507-532-8205 to request a paper copy for a charge of $60.00, includes shipping and tax.  All Proposals must be on forms furnished by the Public Works Director.  Sealed Bids should be mailed to E. J. Moberg, Lyon County Auditor/Treasurer, 607 West Main Street, Marshall, MN, 56258 and should be clearly marked as a sealed bid for SAP 042-610-038.  Each Proposal must be accompanied by a certified check or bid bond, payable to the Treasurer of Lyon County, for at least 5% of the amount of the Bid.  The County reserves the right to reject any or all bids. Aaron VanMoer, P.E.
County Engineer
Lyon County, MN
Please post:  July 29, 2016 thru August 31, 2016

Lyon County Final Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM)

Flood Image

Disclaimer: These maps are for reference only. Lyon County is not responsible for errors herein contained.

Interactive Flood Maps

Click to access interactive flood maps

Flood Insurance Rate Maps by Township in PDF format

Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Amiret.pdf)Amiret3987 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Lucas.pdf)Lucas3883 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Lynd.pdf)Lynd3950 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Lyons.pdf)Lyons4014 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Monroe.pdf)Monroe3904 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Nordland.pdf)Nordland4102 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_RockLake.pdf)Rock Lake3967 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Shelburne.pdf)Shelburne4233 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Sodus.pdf)Sodus3990 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Stanley.pdf)Stanley3971 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Vallers.pdf)Vallers3940 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Clifton.pdf)Clifton3960 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Westerheim.pdf)Westerheim3891 kB
Download this file (FloodplainMarshall.pdf)City of Marshall3229 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_CoonCreek.pdf)Coon Creek4159 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Custer.pdf)Custer4038 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_EIDSVOLD.pdf)Eidsvold4114 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Fairview.pdf)Fairview3974 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_Grandview.pdf)Grandview3872 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_IslandLake.pdf)Island Lake4123 kB
Download this file (FloodplainTownships_LakeMarshall.pdf)Lake Marshall4063 kB

Advertisement for Bids - SAP 42-603-027 Adams Street in Minneota, MN. Bidding on May 18, 2016

ADVERTISEMENT FOR BIDS Sealed proposals will be received by the City Council of Minneota, Lyon County, Minnesota at the Minneota City Offices, 129 E. 1st Street, P.O. Box 307, Minneota, MN 56264, on Wednesday, the 18th of May, 2016 at 3:00 P.M. for the Adams Street Improvements project, SAP 42-603-027 Minneota, Minnesota, at which time the proposals shall be publicly opened and read aloud. The approximate quantities of work on which proposals will be received are as follows:         6,200 CY    Common Excavation
        7,440 LF    Concrete Curb and Gutter Design B624
        5,300 Ton    Aggregate Base, Class 5
        6,870 SY    Mill Bituminous Surface (2.0”)
        15,090 SY    Mill Bituminous Surface (4.0”)
        3,500 Ton    Type SP 12.5 Wearing Course Mixture (2,B)
        1,900 Ton    Type SP 12.5 Non Wearing Course Mixture (2,B)
        4,370 LF    RC Pipe Sewer (various sizes)
        10 Each    Sanitary Sewer Manhole
        5,580 LF    Sanitary Sewer, SDR26 (various sizes)
        40 LF        6” PVC Water Main
240 LF        2” PVC Water Main     All bids shall be made on proposal forms furnished by the Engineer and shall be accompanied by bid security in the form of a certified check or bid bond, made payable to the City of Minneota, Minnesota, in the amount of ten percent (10%) of the bid, which security becomes the property of the City in the event the successful bidder fails to enter into contract and post satisfactory bond.  All work shall be substantially complete on or before November 1, 2016 and shall be fully complete and ready for final payment in accordance with Paragraph 15.06 of the General Conditions on or before June 1, 2017.  Substantially complete shall be defined as all work excluding the top of lift asphalt, Lyon County CSAH #3 overlay, pavement markings and punch list items. The City reserves the right to reject any or all proposals and to waive technicalities and irregularities.  The City also reserves the right to increase, decrease or delete items of work to comply with budget limitations. The City is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The Contractor and all subcontractors shall submit to the Owner a signed statement verifying compliance with each of the criteria described in the State of Minnesota “Responsible Contractor” as codified in Minnesota Statute section 16C.285. A false statement under oath verifying compliance with any of the minimum criteria shall make the Contractor or subcontractor that makes the false statement ineligible to be awarded the project and may result in termination of a contract awarded to a Contractor or subcontractor that makes a false statement. The Contractor shall submit to the contracting authority, upon request, copies of the signed verifications of compliance from all subcontractors. See the Instruction to Bidders for more details. Project manual and drawings may be examined at the office of the Engineer or at the Minneota City Offices.  Complete digital project bidding documents are available at www.questcdn.com.  You may download the digital plan documents for $15.00 by inputting Quest project # 4401291 on the website's Project Search page.  Please contact QuestCDN.com at 952-233-1632 or This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for assistance in free membership registration, downloading, and working with this digital project information.  An optional paper set of the proposal forms and specifications for individual use may be obtained from the office of the Engineer, DGR Engineering, 2909 East 57th Street, Suite 101, Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57108 telephone 605-339-4157, Fax 605-339-4175, e-mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it., upon payment of $100.00, none of which is refundable. Published upon order of the City Council of Minneota, Minnesota. CITY OF MINNEOTA, MINNESOTA
By    /s/   Bill Ufkin                 

Download this file (SAP42_603_027_Ad.pdf)Ad for SAP 42-603-02796 kB

Immigration and Naturalization

For information regarding Immigration and Naturalization please contact:

US Department of Justice, Immigration, and Naturalization
Metro Office Park
2901 Metro Dr
Bloomington, MN 55425 US Citizenship and Immigration Services - www.uscis.gov US Immigration 1-800-375-5283 Forms: 1-800-870-3676 Sioux Falls: 1-605-330-4276 (automated, leave phone number)

Website Disclaimer

The information contained in this website is for general information purposes only. The information is provided by Lyon County and while we endeavour to keep the information up to date and correct, we make no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, about the completeness, accuracy, reliability, suitability or availability with respect to the website or the information, products, services, or related graphics contained on the website for any purpose. Any reliance you place on such information is therefore strictly at your own risk.

In no event will we be liable for any loss or damage including without limitation, indirect or consequential loss or damage, or any loss or damage whatsoever arising from loss of data or profits arising out of, or in connection with, the use of this website.

Through this website you are able to link to other websites which are not under the control of Lyon County. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those sites. The inclusion of any links does not necessarily imply a recommendation or endorse the views expressed within them.

Every effort is made to keep the website up and running smoothly. However, Lyon County takes no responsibility for, and will not be liable for, the website being temporarily unavailable due to technical issues beyond our control.

Prescription & Over the Counter Medication Disposal Drop Box

 Take It To The Box Safe Prescription Medication Disposal

What is it?


  • The Lyon County Sheriff's Office in conjunction with the Marshall Police Department and the Marshall Area Crime Fund are serious about preventing medication misuse/abuse and providing environmentally safe disposal of unwanted medications.
  • The Take It To The Box program promotes the safe disposal of unneeded and/or expired prescription and over the counter medications. This includes both human and animal medications along with illegal drugs. (Sharps/Needles or infectious waste cannot be accepted)
  • A growing concern in our communities is the abuse, by youth and others, of medications not prescribed to them. Safe disposal makes medications less available. Proper disposal of medication helps protect our soil and water. Unsafe disposal of medications can contribute to environmental damage.
  • This program remains ongoing, in which a permanent prescription drop box has been securely installed in the lobby of the Lyon County Law Enforcement Center for 24/7 drop off availability.
  • There is no charge to individuals dropping off medications.

How do I use this program?

  1. Keep the medication in its original container.
  2. Leave the name of the drug and other content information clearly visible. Remove the individuals name and other identifying information by scratching the person's name out or by covering the name with a permanent marker. You may also cut off the part of the label with the individual's name.
  3. Take the unneeded prescriptions and over-the-counter medications to the: Prescription/OTC Drop Box in the main lobby of the Lyon County Law Enforcement Center located at 611 West Main Street Marshall, MN 56258.
  4. Drop the unneeded and/or expired medications into the drop box. No questions asked.
  • DO NOT flush medications down the toilet.
  • Ask an officer if you need assistance by calling (507) 537-7000.

I know someone who has a large amount of unneeded medication but is unable to bring it in for disposal. Can I drop off someone else’s medication?

Yes. If needed, friends or family members may bring medication to The Box for someone else. Please call if you have a question about this.

What happens to the medications dropped into The Box?

The Box will be emptied as needed. Contents are stored in secured locations. Periodically, law enforcement and a chemist from a qualified disposal company will sort the medication. Medicines will then be taken to a licensed site to be incinerated.

How do I obtain additional Information?

  • Call (507) 537-7000 and ask to speak with;
  • Marshall Police Sergeant, or
  • Lyon County Sheriff's Office Investigator Steven Louwagie.

Additional Web Resources:DropBox

Guidelines for Medication Use, Storage and Disposal Safe Use

  • Read and follow directions on all medications.
  • Take the recommended dose...not more...not less.
  • Take the medicine the number of times and the frequency recommended.
  • Do not share your prescription medicines with another person.
  • Do not take someone else's prescription medicine.
  • Know the names of your medications and their purpose.
  • Pharmacists and doctors can answer your questions about over the counter medicines...just ask!

Safe Storage

  • Keep medicines in a place away from children, teens and guests. Lock up medicines if necessary, especially narcotics or mood altering medicines.
  • Keep medicines in their original bottle or package.
  • Keep medicines in a cool, dry place away from light.
  • Follow storage directions on the medicine.

Firearm Permits

Permit To Carry A Pistol In Minnesota Frequently Asked Questions

These answers are for information purposes only, further clarification of the law may be addressed by referring directly to Minnesota State Statute 624.714

1. Where can I apply for a permit to carry a pistol?
For Minnesota residents, individuals may obtain permits to carry a pistol by submitting an application and other related documentation to the sheriff in the county where the applicant resides. Non-residents may apply to any Minnesota county sheriff. 2.
Can I apply for a permit to carry if I am not a U.S. citizen but have permanent resident status in the United States?
Yes, when you apply you will need to provide the sheriff with your I-551 or I-151 card, whichever one you have been issued. 3. Where can I get a permit to carry application?
Applications will be available at the county sheriff’s office and on the Bureau of Criminal Apprehension’s website:
https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca-divisions/administrative/Pages/firearms.aspx 4. Can a non-resident mail in a permit to carry application or obtain a Minnesota permit to carry without physically being present?
No. Applications must be submitted in person to a Minnesota county sheriff. 5. What are the requirements for getting a permit to carry?

  • Must be at least 21 years of age
  • Must complete an application form
  • Must not be prohibited from possessing a firearm under Minnesota Statute 624.714
  • Must not be listed in the criminal gang investigation system
  • Must be a resident of the county from which you are requesting a permit, if you reside in Minnesota. Non-residents may apply to any Minnesota county sheriff.
  • Must provide certificate of completed authorized firearms training. Training by a certified instructor and completed within one year of an original or renewal application. (624.714, Subd. 2a)

6. When is a permit to carry not required?

A permit to carry is not required of a person: (Minnesota Statute 624.714, Subd. 9)

  • To keep or carry about the person's place of business, dwelling house, premises or on land possessed by the person a pistol;
  • To carry a pistol from a place of purchase to the person's dwelling house or place of business, or from the person's dwelling house or place of business to or from a place where repairing is done, to have the pistol repaired;
  • To carry a pistol between the person's dwelling house and place of business;
  • To carry a pistol in the woods or fields or upon the waters of this state for the purpose of hunting or of target shooting in a safe area;
  • To transport a pistol in a motor vehicle, snowmobile or boat if the pistol is unloaded, contained in a closed and fastened case, gun box, or securely tied package.

7. Where can I find a list of approved firearm training classes?
The BCA no longer publishes a list of firearm instructors on the website, but does provide a list of the Approved Business Organizations that the BCA certifies for training classes for the Minnesota Personal Protection Act. The Approved Business Organizations certify the instructors that teach for them. Individuals need to contact those organizations for instructor information. Certified Firearms Instructors can be found at this location:


8. If I am a non-resident, must I take an approved firearms training class in Minnesota in order to get a Minnesota permit to carry?
No. You are only required to present evidence that you have received training in the safe use of a pistol from an organization or government entity that has been approved by the Minnesota Department of Public Safety in accordance with the department’s standards. 9. Do members of the military need to take additional firearms training in order to apply for a permit to carry?
Although members of the military received superb firearms training, they must receive training from an instructor that has been certified by an approved business organization in Minnesota. This additional training pertains to the legal aspects of “permit to carry issues”. Military members can contact their local sheriff’s department for further clarification and consideration.

10. What is the cost for a permit to carry?
The fee for a new permit to carry will be determined by the county sheriff, not to exceed $100. A fee for a renewal permit (applied for before the expiration date of a current permit to carry) will be determined by the county sheriff, not to exceed $75. An additional $10.00 fee will be charged for those applying for a renewal after the expiration date on the previous permit, but within 30 days of that expiration date. Lyon County Sheriff's Office Handgun Permits to Carry in 2017 Cost: $100.00 11. How long do I have to wait to get my permit?
The county sheriff must either issue or deny a permit within 30 days of the application date. 12. How long is my permit valid?
New and renewal permits are valid for five (5) years from the date of issuance. Emergency permits are valid for 30 days. 13. Can I get an emergency permit to carry?
Emergency permits may be issued by the sheriff if he/she determines that the person is in an emergency situation that may constitute an immediate risk to the safety of the person or someone residing in the person’s household.

14. What would prevent me from getting a permit to carry?

Any applicant who does not meet the criteria as listed in number 5 above is not eligible for a permit to carry a pistol. The sheriff may also deny the application if there is a substantial likelihood that the applicant is a danger to himself/herself or others if issued a permit to carry.
15. Are predatory offenders prohibited from obtaining a permit to carry?
Yes. It is a misdemeanor for a person required to register as a predatory offender to carry a pistol. 16. Where is my Minnesota permit valid?
Minnesota permits are valid throughout the state of Minnesota.

Individuals interested in determining whether a Minnesota permit to carry is valid in another state should contact that state directly to determine what the carry laws are. You may also find other resources on the Internet to assist you. 17. Do I need to have my permit with me when carrying my pistol?
Yes, the permit holder must have the permit card and a valid driver’s license, state identification card, or other government-issued photo identification in immediate possession at all times when carrying a pistol and must display the permit card and identification document when requested by a peace officer.
18. Do I have to disclose to a peace officer that I am a permit holder and carrying a firearm?
Yes, upon request of a peace officer, a permit holder must disclose to the officer whether or not the permit holder is currently carrying a firearm. 19. Do I need to notify the Sheriff’s Office when I move?
Yes, a permit holder is required to notify the issuing sheriff’s office within 30 days of a permanent address change. Failure to do so is a petty misdemeanor. 20. Do the address and/or my new driver’s license number on my permit to carry need to match the address and/or drivers license number on my driver’s license?
No. A permit holder, however, is required to notify the issuing sheriff’s office within 30 days of a permanent address change. Failure to do so is a petty misdemeanor. The permit holder may, however, obtain an updated permit at a cost of $ 10.00. There is a statutory requirement to change the address on your driver’s license within 30 days after changing your residence (171.11).

21. What do I do if my permit card is lost or destroyed?
The permit holder must notify the issuing sheriff’s office within 30 days of having lost or destroyed the permit card. Failure to do so is a petty misdemeanor. The permit holder may obtain a replacement permit card by paying $10.00 to the sheriff.

22. If I have a permit to carry a pistol do I have to conceal the pistol?

No. Minnesota’s Personal Protection Act is a permit to carry law, not a conceal and carry law. The pistol does not need to be concealed, but can be concealed. 23. If I have a permit to carry a pistol do I need to apply for a permit to purchase if I want to purchase a handgun?
No. Under Minnesota law, handgun transfers involve any sale, gift, loan, assignment or other delivery to another person. If you possess a valid permit to carry a handgun, that permit constitutes a permit to purchase. You don’t need to apply for a separate permit to purchase.


24. Where am I prohibited from carrying my pistol?

  • School property
  • A childcare center while children are present
  • Public colleges and universities – may have policy restricting the carrying of weapons on their premises by employees and students while on campus
  • Private establishments that have posted a sign banning guns on their premises
  • Private establishments who have personally informed the permit holder that guns are prohibited and demands compliance
  • Places of employment, public or private, if employer restricts the carry or possession of firearms by is employees
  • State correctional facilities or state hospitals and grounds (MN Statute 243.55)
  • Any jail, lockup or correctional facility (MN Statute 641.165)
  • Courthouse complexes, unless the sheriff is notified (MN Statute 609.66)
  • Offices and courtrooms of the Minnesota Supreme Court and Court of Appeals
  • Any state building unless the commissioner of public safety is notified (MN Statute 609.66)
  • In a field while hunting big game by archery, except when hunting bear (MN Statute 97B.211)
  • In federal court facilities or other federal facilities (Title 18 U.S.C.§ 930)

25. Can private establishments prohibit carrying pistols on their premises?
Yes, private establishments must post a notice banning guns on their premises or personally notify patrons that guns are not allowed.

26. Can my landlord restrict me from carrying or possessing firearms on residence premises?

Landlords may not restrict the lawful carry or possession of firearms by tenants or their guests. 27. Can my employer prohibit carrying pistols in the work place?
Yes, an employer may establish policies that restrict the carry or possession of firearms by is employees while the employee is working.

28. Can I prohibit firearms in my private residence?

The owner of the residence may prohibit firearms in their home. 29. Can active licensed officers carry in private establishments?
Yes, active licensed peace officers, or security guards acting in the course and scope of employment, may carry firearms in private establishments.

30. Are there requirements for an out of state sworn Police Officer to carry in Minnesota?

Federal or Out of State Police officers, whether on or off duty, do not need a permit to carry firearms in Minnesota. If they are going to carry a pistol, they must carry their police credentials as well.

31. What are the federal laws that govern retired officers carrying firearms?
The law governing retired officers is the Federal Law Enforcement Officers Safety Act of 2004. In addition, United States Code Chapter 44, Title 18, Section 926 C, Carrying of Concealed Firearms by Qualified Retired Law Enforcement Officers, applies. Minnesota retired officers must meet the criteria found on the Minnesota POST Board website located at https://dps.mn.gov/entity/post/Pages/default.aspx 32. If I am a resident of a state that does not have reciprocity with Minnesota but have a permit to carry from a state that does, may I carry in Minnesota?
Yes. 33. If I am a permit holder from another state traveling in or visiting Minnesota and I do not have a permit to carry that is recognized by Minnesota, where can I legally store my firearm while in Minnesota?
Transporting firearms without a permit requires the person to have the unloaded cased firearm in the trunk of the vehicle. For details on transporting firearms, refer to Minnesota Statute 97B.045, Transportation of Firearms.

34. How can I legally transport a firearm from one place to another without obtaining a permit to carry?

Transporting firearms without a permit requires the person to have the firearm unloaded and fully enclosed in a case made to contain a firearm. For full details on transporting firearms, refer to Minnesota Statute 97B.045, Transportation of Firearms. 35. Is there a public list of gun permit holders, or can I obtain a list or call local law enforcement to find out individuals in my community who have a permit to carry?
No. This is private data and is not available to the public. 36. Where can I find a list of out of state gun permits that Minnesota recognizes?
https://dps.mn.gov/divisions/bca/bca-divisions/administrative/Pages/permit-to-carry-reciprocity.aspx Minnesota laws authorize individuals holding gun permits from the states listed on this website to carry in Minnesota. A permit issued by another state does not supersede Minnesota’s laws or regulations. Legal conduct in another state may not be legal in Minnesota.

37. Where can I get a permit to purchase or transfer a gun?
38. When does my permit expire?
Any 5 year permit expires at 12:00 A.M. midnight on the date of expiration listed on the permit. 39. After my five-year permit to carry expires, do I need to retake the approved firearms training class before I apply for a renewal permit?
Yes. Applicants must present evidence that they have received training in the safe use of a pistol within one year of the date of an original or renewal application. (MN Statute 624.714 Subd. 2a)

40. Where do I renew my permit?

Permits must be renewed at the county sheriff’s office in the county where the applicant currently resides. Out of state permit holders can renew at any sheriff’s office.

41. When can I renew my permit?

Not prior to 90 days of the expiration date of the current permit. The maximum renewal gun permit fee will be $75.00. After the expiration date, but within 30 days after the expiration, you can renew your permit by paying an additional late fee of $10.00. During this time your past permit is not valid, and you will not be able to carry until your renewal permit has been approved and issued. 31 days after expiration, you will no longer be able to renew your permit, but will have to apply for a new gun permit. The maximum gun permit fee will then be $100.00. 42. What is the process for renewing my permit?

  • Take an authorized firearms training class within one year prior to your renewal application.
  • Deliver the application packet, not prior to 90 days of the expiration date of the current permit, in person to the Sheriff’s Department in the county where you currently reside, or for out of state permit holders, to any Sheriff’s Department in the State of Minnesota.
  • The packet must contain a completed application, signed and dated Permit To Carry A Firearm.
  • With the renewal box checked and an original certificate of completed authorized firearms training. You must present a current drivers license, state identification card or the photo page of your passport (not a US citizen but permanent resident must present an I-551 or I-151 card).


Auditor/Treasurer: E. J. Moberg
Email: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
Phone: (507) 537-6724
Fax: (507) 537-6091
Address: Lyon County Auditor/Treasurer
607 West Main Street
Marshall, MN 56258
  Auditor Services
    • Financial - Payroll
    • Current Tax Calculation
    • Settlements to School Districts, Cities and Special Districts
    • Voter Registration and Voter Tally
    • Transfer of Deeds
    • Special Assessments - Ditch and Cities
    • Transent Merchant License - application
    • Tobacco License
    • Driver's Licenses
      - Written and Driving Exams are given at the office located at 601 N. Highway 59 Telephone 537-7024 for hours and additional information.
      - For vehicle registration, tabs, automobile licensing, etc you must go to the Auto Licensing Bureau at 302 W Redwood St (507) 532-4643.
Treasurer Services
  • Current and Delinquent Real Estate Records
  • Print and mail tax statements
  • Property tax collections and payment entry
  • Compute and prove tax settlements
  • Escrow records
  • Distribute taxes to taxing entities
  • Investment Officer for county investments
  • Mortgage Registry Collections
  • Deed Tax computations and collections
  • Financial Records - banking and reconciliation of accounts
  • 1990 and 2000 Lyon County Census information
  • Maintain records of Auctioneer Certificates
District 1
Charlie Sanow
 District 2
Steve Ritter
District 3
Mark Goodenow
District 4
Rodney Stensrud
 District 5
Rick Anderson
Charlie Sanow Steve Ritter Mark Goodenow Rodney Stensrud Rick Anderson

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

The county board normally meets at 9am on the first and third Tuesdays of the month in CR 1 & 2


County Board Room


Human Resources


Human Resources administers the personnel policies and procedures adopted by the Lyon County Board as well as classification and compensation plans, performance planning and review programs, and maintaining personnel records for each employee. Human Resources coordinates the recruitment, selection, orientation, development, transfer, and separation of employees. Affirmative action, Civil Rights compliance, Minnesota and Federal Family and Medical Leave Act, short-term disability, HIPAA regulations compliance, and ADA compliance are also major functions of the office.  The office coordinates and administers employee benefit programs for all departments, and works closely with Lyon County Administration and the County Board. 

The County Recorder is the custodian of the land records and vital statistic records pertaining to Lyon County. It is the responsibility of this office to preserve these records in an archival quality format and assure easy and accurate access to the same. Duties are defined as:

  • Record documents relating to real property transactions in Abstract
     & Torrens Divisions
  • Collect & receipt Recording Fee and Well Disclosure Certificate Fee
  • Collect & distribute Well Disclosure Certificates
  • Maintain indexes and issue copies of all recorded documents
  • Maintain and issue copies of birth, death and marriage certificates
  • Process Marriage License Applications & issue marriages license
  • File and maintain Ordinations
  • File Notary Commissions
  • Immigration and Naturalization
  • Military Discharges
  • Genealogy research
  • UCC filing and searches
    (Uniform Commercial Code)
  • CNS filing and searches
    (Central Notification System)
  • Federal and State Tax Liens
  • Hospital and Medical Assistance Liens


Sheriff Mark Mather



Sheriff Mark Mather


This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Support Administration


Sergeant Todd Roelfsema #103


This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Sergeant Eric Wallen #111


This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.


Law Enforcement Center Click Map for Directions


Lyon County Sheriff’s Office has launched a new Community Information Service designed to deliver important and timely information to residents in our area using the latest technology. This service, “Nixle”, delivers trustworthy and important neighborhood-level public safety and community event notifications instantly sent to you by cell phone text message, email and web. There is NO Spam or Advertising. Nixle is completely free (standard text message rates apply for cell phone subscribers who do not have text plans with their cell phone providers). Register now and learn more at www.nixle.com. You will have immediate access to public safety alerts that are relevant to you, important neighborhood advisories you want to know about, and other valuable community information. You decide what information you want and whether you want it sent to your cell phone, email or just simply over the web. We are excited about this opportunity and hope you find it beneficial to you!

Register at: http://local.nixle.com/lyon-county-sheriffs-office/

The Lyon County Public Works Building is located on the County Fairgrounds at 504 Fairgrounds Road Marshall, MN 56258. Click HERE for a map link

 Locator Map


Lyon County Public Works includes the following Departments:

Highway (Road and Bridge): County road and bridge maintenance, road signage, flood control structure maintenance, and snow removal from county roads.

Geographic Information Systems (GIS): Maintains the County E-911 system, and provide mapping services.

Planning & Zoning: Also includes county programs for feedlots, shoreland management, septic systems, ditches, and invasive weed inspections.

Environmental: Manages the regional landfill, household hazardous waste program, and coordinates recycling, water management planning, and solid waste reduction efforts.

Parks: Manages the County Park system, and County Fairgrounds

GIS Cataegory



Lyon County operates a Geographic Information System (GIS) to provide current and accurate geospatial (map) information to County departments, the general public and other entities. We seek to ensure that Lyon County residents and decision makers have access to geographic information that is complete, timely, accurate, and reliable. We promote the use of GIS and related technologies to more effectively and efficiently address problems, develop plans, and manage the natural, cultural, economic, and infrastructure resources of the county. Lyon County is implementing GIS to streamline county operations and to make County data and records available to the citizens of Lyon County. GIS Department Responsibilities:

  • Maintain and create geospatial information
  • Maintain Lyon County Parcel data
  • Rural Address assignment and E9-1-1 System maintenance
  • Maintain GIS Interactive Mapping Sites
  • Hard Copy map production
  • Platbook creation and maintenance

Hours and Locations

Lyon County Government Center

8:00-4:30 M-F   Map

Public Works Building

8:00-4:30 M-F   Map

Law Enforcement Center

8:00-4:00 M-F   Map

Lyon County Zoning/SWCD

8:00-4:30 M-F   Map

Lyon County Landfill

6:00-4:00 M-F   Map


Code Red Icon.

Sign up for e-mail, text, and phone alerts from the Lyon County Sheriffs Department

Facebook Icon