Lyon County Planning and Zoning is the local government unit that administers the State of Minnesota Shoreland program. This involves planning and zoning assistance to local governmental units by DNR Area Hydrologists and Shoreland Management staff.
Minnesota's shoreland management options are provided to landowners with the aim of helping landowners to understand and respond to local residents with guidance on protecting and shoreland areas, and local watersheds; balancing those concerns with the desires of local land development.
The following link provide an excellent set of resources for shoreland management.
- 2010 DNR Shoreland
- DNR Shoreland 2010
- 2011 DNR Shoreland
- 2012 - Shoreland (NRBG) - Lyon (COUNTY)
- 2012 DNR Shoreland
- 2013 - Shoreland (NRBG) - Lyon (COUNTY)
- 2013 - Shoreland (NRBG) - Financial
- 2015 Shoreland All Details Report
- 2016 Shoreland All Details Report
- 2017 Shoreland All Details Report
- 2018 Shoreland All Details Report